Broadband and device control

Virgin has asked for more money so I am looking for an alternative.
Are there any broadband providers which enable you to easily disconnect and reconnect devices?

Replies

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any broadband providers which enable you to easily disconnect and reconnect devices?

What do you mean "reconnect devices"?
    Do you mean connecting things like laptops, phones, tablets, kindles, etc to the wireless?  That's not a provider thing, that's just something you have to do if you change the router.
  • Thomas_HoldingThomas_Holding Forumite
    234 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭

What do you mean "reconnect devices"?
    Do you mean connecting things like laptops, phones, tablets, kindles, etc to the wireless?  That's not a provider thing, that's just something you have to do if you change the router.
    No someone told me (and I can´t remember who) that for one broadband provider you can have an app on your phone and if a child is naughty you just disconnect their devices!
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BT have an administrative setting on their hubs where you can log on and do this

https://www.bt.com/help/security/how-to-keep-your-family-safe-online-with-bt-parental-controls-an

I assume all the others have similar
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    TalkTalk did offer a similar service - but not sure if they still do.
  • Mickey666Mickey666 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the routers I've ever used have been able to block individual or even all users if required.  Some are able to set time periods for internet access as well.  Not sure about accessing such functions via a dedicated phone app, but it's easy to access from a web browser so would certainly be possible on a smartphone.