Ebico to British Gas First Readings?

Options
Mr_Gnu
Mr_Gnu Posts: 108 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
Hello
BG have not asked me to supply new reads for Gas supply starting 20th Oct and Elec 16th Oct.
Ebico site has gone.
BG have no reads from me on their site.
'You don't have any meter readings yet.Once we've received a reading you'll be able to see it here.'
'Before we get started If any of the following apply to you, we can go ahead and get your account set up'.
 ...   You're due to switch to us in the next five days
 ...   Your supply with us started in the last five days
 ....   We've recently been in touch with you to ask for your opening meter reading
 Then I get error message 0oops phone 03332029802.
Spent 50 mins wasting time chatting to robots Cosmo and Rajeshbhai.
Anyone been through this switch and how did you get on with first reads?

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was with Robin Hood Energy, but I still can't see the opening read I sent to British Gas.  I imagine it's it's still in a big heap waiting to be processed by the mysterious third party that uses telepathy to get a better reading than my eyes can.
    The Ebico site is still there, although perhaps there's now no access to old Ebico accounts?  It looks like they may continue, perhaps as a white label with a new partner?  They say "We will be making an exciting announcement regarding our campaign for affordable, and sustainable, home warmth for all.".
  • Mr_Gnu
    edited 25 October 2020 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Yes the Ebico site is there I meant the last readings I gave them.

'Your account is now closed and you will be unable to submit or view meter reads'

I have made a note of the readings on my meters & will try and get through to BG tomorrow.

• Weirdly I was just trying to provide my meter reading to BGas after the switch from Ebico.

I just get a message saying there is no readings yet and can’t find how to submit one.   

I’ve taken a picture of the meter and will keep trying over the next few weeks. 
  • sp1920
    sp1920 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used the MSE Autoswitch & changed from EDF to British Gas. Now my smart meter is just a display, it isn't compatible with BG apparently, I wish that had been obvious before the switch. I've put readings in manually but am still being asked for them & BG do not answer phones it would seem, and their chatbots are useless. Very frustrating!
  • Mr_Gnu
    Options
    Yes,  Ebico were far superior than British Gas on this showing.
  • Mr_Gnu
    edited 26 October 2020 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Just phoned on the 0333 number given when I tried to give them an opening read on website but was unable to so the 'offices are now closed' at 8am!!

Very unhappy now.This waste of time company British Gas is up to something.

Just spent 50 mins with a chatbot gave it readings it gave me a figure higher than what is actual ( I ran outside and checked) then I gave the other reading. logged out then in and ofc no readings were showing on my account.
    Left a withering review.
    Utterly depressing experience.
  • Mr_Gnu
    edited 27 October 2020 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Update to this:

they confirmed the opening readings i gave yesterday but which have not showed on my account again this morning.

was told that the reads will not show for 28 days on my account for some reason. :/ technology eh?
     took pics but frankly  i have no confidence in BG whatsoever. Ebico were brilliant in comparison.

• Gerry1
    Options
    As previously stated, the mysterious third party may be the culprit rather than British Gas.
  • Mr_Gnu
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    As previously stated, the mysterious third party may be the culprit rather than British Gas.
    Yes, I see what you mean.This could get even more confusing.

• Gerry1
    Options
    My opening reading from 15 October has finally appeared today, and it's correct.  Says my consumption is 0kWh, so they have yet to add on my consumption from Robin Hood Energy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback