IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking Charge With Parking Voucher

Options
Hi MSE,

I joined 'The Gym' in August and have been going there every 2-3 days since. 'The Gym' allows you up to three hours free parking in the car park outside. When logging into your member account online (I've shown a picture below), you are presented with the option of a 'Parking Voucher' which generates a one month voucher with a unique number, date, details, etc. I'd been generating this and leaving it on my dashboard for every time I went to the gym.

To cut a long story short, I've just received a £100 PCN from 'Highview Parking' for exceeding the maximum stay displayed on the signage. I'm now very worried that I've been parking there every 2-3 days, and this could be the first of ~20-30 fines to come through the door for parking there.

I'm assuming that the parking vouchers aren't recognised by Highview Parking which is why The Gym suggests you register your number plate on each visit. But then I would query why there is an option to print off a parking voucher, if it doesn't do anything - it's very misleading.

Any help on how to respond would be greatly appreciated, the notice is dated one week ago (just received it) and states it'll go from £60 to £100 if not received by the 21/10/20.

The idea that I may be about to be hit for possibly north of 2 grand in parking charges for going to the gym for 2 months has made me feel sick and I'd like advise on what my next steps should be?

Thanks

Know what you don't

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2020 at 1:28PM
    Options
    No keeper liability due to non compliance with POFA on Highview PCN,s

Read the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum

Appeal as keeper using the blue text template , no changes , if you are the RK on the V5C document

Also complain to the gym or landowner asap , but no mentioning who parked , the DRIVER parked !!

Rinse and repeat for every PCN received

Ps , leaving it on the vehicle won't help IMHO

It will be anpr cameras , not parking employees , so leaving it on the dashboard won't help at all
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 October 2020 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Seems quite clear to me...

If you are the Registered Keeper of the vehicle send the blue text template appeal easily found in the first post of the NEWBIES thread.

Send it unchanged - no additions or alterations needed.

As said, send it as the keeper.
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 October 2020 at 1:34PM
    Options
    Redx said:
    No keeper liability due to non compliance with POFA on Highview PCN,s

Read the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum

Appeal as keeper using the blue text template , no changes , if you are the RK on the V5C document

Also complain to the gym or landowner asap , but no mentioning who parked , the DRIVER parked !!

Rinse and repeat for every PCN received

Ps , leaving it on the vehicle won't help IMHO

It will be anpr cameras , not parking employees , so leaving it on the dashboard won't help at all
    Hi, I'm not the registered keeper, it is a company leased vehicle that I'm allowed for private use.

I appreciate that it states about entering the reg every time but then I'd ask why there is an option for a one month parking voucher if it is seemingly irrelevant.

Do you think I should still reply with the below? There is images of my vehicle entering and leaving the car park.

Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.

Know what you don't
  • KeithP
    edited 14 October 2020 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Exodi said:
    I appreciate that it states about entering the reg every time but then I'd ask why there is an option for a one month parking voucher if it is seemingly irrelevant.
    It really is quite simple.

They make the rules. The driver didn't follow them.

Their rules are designed to make them money. 

Because it is a leased car, do not use that template.
    Instead look towards the bottom of that first post of the NEWBIES thread for some templates by Edna Basher. One of them will suit your situation.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    Options
    check the newbies thread re advice / templates for leased cars...

Ralph B)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 October 2020 at 1:53PM
    Options
    Just do the same as I just told the person with the Tesco APCOA PCN, and the person who just won v CP Plus...so simple.  All of these PPCs named, cannot hold a hirer/keeper liable.

Highview are the easiest to beat as long as no-one says who was driving..

PLEASE PLEASE NO QUESTION ASKING WHICH BOX TO TICK ON THEIR APPEAL PAGE...PLEASE.

Obviously anyone who reads the NEWBIES thread knows NOT to tick 'I was the driver and'...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you already supplied the vehicle reg via the online ticket, there should be no need to collect the same information again, GDPR states that you should not colled unnecessary data
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2020 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Read the bottom of the first post in that Newbies FAQ sticky thread , read the Edna basher advice and use the most suitable template , appealing as a hirer or lessee keeper

You should have told us the vehicle was leased from the get go

The driver needs to sort out their contractual obligations at the gym

The day to day keeper is appealing as lessee keeper or as hirer keeper

2 different entities

No blabbing about who was driving
  • KeithP
    edited 14 October 2020 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Half-way, I agree.

But their argument might be along the lines of "but we are not collecting unnecessary data. Just asking for the user to confirm their VRM".

Totally agree it's unnecessary but, as I said earlier, they make the rules.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    However, it would make sense for a car that they know to be authorised for 3 hours per day, should be on an exempt list.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback