Nottingham LISA messed up

Options
Emily_Joy
Emily_Joy Posts: 1,255 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 11 October 2020 at 10:03AM in ISAs & tax-free savings
I was confused by the opening process. I was assuming that I can open the account and then submit the transfer form to transfer existing LISA from Skipton. Once the account was opened, in online banking there was a single window telling me to make deposit or the account will be closed. I made the deposit from nominated account and emailed transfer form.  I received an email from Nottingham telling me that because I've made a deposit the transfer cannot be completed and the account will be closed in 2 days time, I will receive notification about this and I will be able to reapply. This was all back around 20th of September. I have been waiting patiently for a notification of the account closure. This never happened. Today, I've logged in to see that the account is still open with initial deposit sitting there. :/  This is the second time I receive emails from them telling me that something is going to happen and it never does.
Where do I stand? Can I request account closure and re-open a new one? Is there a chance that they are still processing the transfer request?...

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Telephone the Nottingham?
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The quickest way I've found to get a response from them is via the online messages system when logged in to your account.
    If they process a transfer request you will receive confirmation from your old provider the account has been closed.
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    anewman said:
    The quickest way I've found to get a response from them is via the online messages system when logged in to your account.
    If they process a transfer request you will receive confirmation from your old provider the account has been closed.
    Thanks. My main problem is that I work about 55 hours a week and can't find a minute to call them during their opening hours.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback