We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky Talk anytime does not include 0845 and 0870 numbers

When I contacted Sky they told me their talk anytime packages do not include free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Virgin Media and Plus Net does include them in their packages. Have I been incorrectly informed. If not are Sky the only company not to include these numbers in their talk anytime packages

Comments

  • Zellah
    Zellah Posts: 303
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    No, Sky aren't alone in excluding 0870/0845 numbers in their unlimited landline bundle, plenty of other companies do this as well. It is what it is with Sky.
  • TalkTalk do not include them on their UK Unlimited Calls Boost either.
  • Several years ago, I resolved never to call a 0845/0870 number, and I don't think I've ever lost out on anything.

    I suggest you make a similar pledge to yourself, and this little difficulty will disappear from your life forever. 
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,594
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    When I contacted Sky they told me their talk anytime packages do not include free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers.  Have I been incorrectly informed. 
    Probably not seeing as you asked the people who don't include free calls to those numbers....
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,031
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
  • There is a good website, "Say no to 0870", that gives alternative numbers to 0845 and 0870 numbers for organisations. I've used it a lot when the only number I have is 08**, the alternatives can be either geographical numbers 01, 02, 03, which are charged or included in your package, or 0800 or 0808 which are freephone. The link is https://www.saynoto0870.com/
  • There is a good website, "Say no to 0870", that gives alternative numbers to 0845 and 0870 numbers for organisations. I've used it a lot when the only number I have is 08**, the alternatives can be either geographical numbers 01, 02, 03, which are charged or included in your package, or 0800 or 0808 which are freephone. The link is https://www.saynoto0870.com/
    I have been using them for many years now.

  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 9,307
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    same here - I refuse to use an 0870 or 0845 number and my life hasn't suffered as a consequence.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Zellah
    Zellah Posts: 303
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Most companies have now stopped using 084x/087x numbers, its mostly 0800 or 01/02/03 numbers. So IMHO its not a big deal anymore if phone providers have stopped bundling 0870/0845 calls in their unlimited calling packages. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.