Kids clubs and coronavirus

Hi, hoping for some advice - my son has swimming lessons that have been back on for 4 weeks, but I have concerns that guidance isn’t being followed.  I wrote a lengthy letter to the organisers, which helped a little but the problem is that without a member of staff poolside to organise the parents it descends into chaos - social distancing goes out the window and it’s every parent for themselves!  I’ve tried speaking to the problem parents but they just ignore me.  Out of the 4 lessons there’s only been a non swimming staff member poolside once.  I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the instructors to shepherd parents round the one way system whilst trying to teach the kids.

What do you think my rights are in cancelling?  What else do you think I could do to improve matters?  My son will be really upset if he has to stop his lessons so cancelling is my last resort.  Any thoughts gratefully received!

Comments

• HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How does it impact your son if he is in the water?

Can you not just stand away and wait till 2 meters space is available?
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Our swim club has made it perfectly clear there’s a one way system in place now. Kids must arrive pool ready. Parents sit minimum one chair apart ( plastic garden chair type seating) & these are also further apart than normal. Must wear masks, use the anti bac provided....The lady who runs it overall has been there most weeks to ensure we all obey ( she is really lovely & not an ogre). Perhaps find a different swim school?  Or ask that they get someone in specifically to supervise the adults....
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure