We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,219 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It's tipping down again, should soon have your stream flowing Dave

Those berries look lovely GF, adding yet another one to my wish list

Nothing planned for today except if the rain stops have mooch & check the garden just in case, although it looks fine from the house it's the hidden bits, and I want to get some small plant pots out if i can find them that is

The small pots are to pot on the Heleniums, the Shasta daises I potted on a week or so back seem to be growing away now so presumably have settled in and be fine to over winter

I hope my heleniums turn out as well as the ones I saw at Wisley, even half as nice would do
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Great pics from everyone...particularly love the hedgehog 😄 We see a few here - sometimes in the garden, but more often when walking the dogs up the lane, but they are usually too daft to spot them 😉

I'm nearly at the end of my labouring duties, thanks GF and most of the wall is now down... although there's always another job looming on the horizon for us, lol! Hopefully the aster will make it ok.

Glad you had a nice time at Wisley, Farway....all the years we lived in the south and frequently drove past the signs, enroute to somewhere else, we never managed to get there....guess we never will now...

Hope Dave and wort are feeling better soon! 

Definitely concur about the BBC being economical with the truth....although, being in Wales, torrential rain was always to be expected as far as DH and I were concerned. Nonetheless, the sheer volume still took me by surprise when it woke me in the night and today I don't think it's stopped so far 🙄
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 September 2021 at 10:02AM
    Definitely concur about the BBC being economical with the truth....although, being in Wales, torrential rain was always to be expected as far as DH and I were concerned.
    Yes,their delightfully named Marrianna Spring is notoriously either good or bad at handling disinformation in a changing climate, depending on where one stands, but I rely on UK Column News to show me the weather in Plymouth at 13.00 on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, just in case. ;)  I take the view that with the Met just down the road in Exeter, they must have some idea of what's going on around here, but right now their sunny start to the day is running late and a planned picture of a Greenfinch isn't happening!  :/
    The stream is running well, as one might expect. If it's any consolation re your stone moving, DB has declared the path shown in the last photo to need it's surface raising50 mm before we put gravel down  and with hoggin at about £70 a dumpy I'm now tasked with creating my own from waste materials. That's 30m2 of surface to deal with.  Sadly, we have more than enough stuff lying about to do it and I'm no longer able to pull a sickie! :s

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I don't envy you that either... I did the same with rubble from my brother's garden to extract chalk and flint for the stream. But at least it was last summer when the weather was nice!

I have finished with the logs. And am aching. The log splitter is 50kg, so just moving that is hard work :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback