3rd SEISS Self Employment Grant ?

Options
I have just read about the announcement of the third grant on https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-employment-income-support-scheme-seiss-grant-extension

i don't understand what profits the 20% calculation goes by? Recent profits or profits from certain years?

Comments

• pdel61
    pdel61 Posts: 940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same as the last two I believe
  • Jamaicanmelaff
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it will be the previous 3 years profits as before. 
  • Jeremy535897
    Jeremy535897 Posts: 10,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It says that claimants have to be currently eligible for the SEISS. That implies the same profits will be used as for SEISS 1 and 2.
  • bradztheman
    Options
    Ok so say my average monthly profits are £1000 a month then 20% of that is £200, so will it be just £200 for 3 months, or £200 a month??
  • Sibbers123
    Options
    Essentially, the Government will subsidise up to 22% of wages for employees and 20% of monthly income for self-employed. Not ideal but money doesn’t grow on trees. We have a choice, reduce COVID infections or save the economy, we can’t do both.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Options
    Ok so say my average monthly profits are £1000 a month then 20% of that is £200, so will it be just £200 for 3 months, or £200 a month??
    It's exactly like the previous rounds, 20%/month so £600 in all.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bradztheman
    Options
    Any details on when the claim will become available?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Options
    Any details on when the claim will become available?
    From the item you referenced in your opening post
    HMRC will provide full details about claiming and applications in guidance on gov.uk in due course.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ade111
    Options
    so   first seiss payment was 80 percent  for mar to may and was paid in  mid may.  2nd payment  70 percent was for june to august and was paid mid august.    The 3rd payment - just. 20 percent will be from november till january?  so  will be  paid  mid january?   Therefore will get nothing at all until january   why the gap?  why no  august till october payment?
  • My son works in construction registered CIS. He's received the first 2 Grant's but has recently returned to work albeit part time. Before he claims the 3rd grant he wants to know where he stands.
    His firm is making him and others work for nothing because they got the Grant's. Is this right?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback