solar battery

With a 5 bedroom end of teris with 11 solar panel ( 4 years old in Dec 2020). My electric bill for the last few year's have been around £600 + sc and £160 + sc for gas. ( gas used over summer month is very low ie £1.75  + sanding charge )  A 10kw battery (£3,600 E-Bay) fitted would cost around £6,000 or 9/10 year of my electric use at too day's prices. As battery and the gubins have at the moment only around a 10 year lifespan. The cost/saving at presant is too small.
The up to £10,000 UK Gov green home grant would help, if fitting new solar battery to a exsiting system were on the aproved list.
Please discust :- use the FiT to pay for the battery, :- hope electric prices do/not go up, :-  find a power compone that would use the spare power my 11 panels produce to increas there green credensales. :- Find a supler for gas that has no standing charge. or find one that is lower than £0.12 per day.

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    You are best cutting and pasting this into a new thread in the Green and Ethical section of this forum as this is where the solar enthusiasts and experts contribute.
    You posed question has been discussed at length and I think it is fair to say that, on economic grounds, a battery is as yet a non-starter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback