BT price hikes - HAGGLE NOW

Options
Just a quick top tip to any BT customers who're shocked by recent price rises.
My phone package went up by two thirds this month. My TV and Sport packages are both about to go up by 30ish%. How can they justify these price hikes when inflation is pretty much 0??
Anyway, I called (VERY long wait, but it's an 0800 number) said I wasn't happy and they basically removed all the price increases and gave me a very slightly cheaper price than  I was previously having to pay. TBH I wouldn't even claim I'd haggled. I said I'm not happy, and they offered me something cheaper. I did have to sign up for 2 more years, but if they try the same huge price rise trick again, I will still be able to leave without penalty. 

Comments

• borderline
    Options
    may I ask what's your package  and how much will you be paying now?  thanks

• matthew91822
    Options
    Threataning to leave gives you a really good deal as well. I was paying £55 a month for 76meg and when I rang up to leave they offered around £25 if I sign into a 12 month contract. I left anyway as Hyperoptic FTTP became available in my apartment building.
  • firebladekev
    Options
    Had initial email in January sign up for 24 months to freeze price and then BT hiked package up 30% , (they said they can do this as in T&C's !!)  After no live sport for six months !! . I  attempted  to cancel my BT sport and told £114 to leave early !!  People are losing jobs and being furloughed and is a luxury unable to afford , Have no where to go ,but BT unable and unwilling to help at all
    Will cancel Sport , Broadband and Landline as soon as able . Unfortunately my £650 pound a year a drop in the ocean to BT . 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback