Switching energy supplier without penalty

Options
Hello, lovely people.

Just a quick question. I am desperate to switch from E.ON and my current tariff with them ends on 30 October.  Is it true that am allowed to switch now without being penalised to the tune of £30 per fuel because I'm within the 49 day period prior to the tariff end date?

Many thanks, in advance. 
Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You should have had an email from your present supplier confirmig this - but yes you can switch now.

PS Look at single suppliers rather than dual fuel.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you, Robin9.

Emails from my present supplier, rubbish E.ON are rather few and far between these days, sadly, so I've not had one from them. (I have an ongoing complaint, they seem to have gone underground.)

I hadn't thought of looking at single suppliers because it's just so easy to switch dual fuels but now I will, thanks again.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback