EasyJet Flight Vouchers

Options

Hello everyone,

I am seeking some advice after being left feeling ripped off by EasyJet's Customer Services.

Due to the Corona Virus pandemic, I have had two EasyJet flights canceled. For these flights, I was offered a flight voucher which I can use at a later date. At the time I thought this was reasonable, and accepted a voucher for £156.06, and for £66.98.

Tonight, I tried to book a return flight from Manchester to Amsterdam which I had seen online for the total cost of £86.98. I was expecting to use the voucher for £66.98 and pay the £20 difference with a debit card.

Unfortunately, due to EasyJet’s system these vouchers cannot be used online and I could only use them by calling EasyJet’s Customer Services.

I called EasyJet’s Customer Services and after almost 15 minutes on the phone providing all the details of the voucher and where I was going, I was told the cost of my flight would be £150 something. I questioned why the price was almost double that of the online price and was told “the price varies from online”.

I tried to explain that this voucher was issued as a result of travel disruption caused by the Corona Virus pandemic and that through no fault of my own I cannot use the voucher online, therefore I would really expect to pay the online price as there is no other way to use the voucher. However, the operator just kept referring me to the "Terms and Conditions" and didn’t move on the price, nor really understood my position.

I am therefore being forced to call EasytJet’s Customer Services to use these vouchers, at which point the flight prices are significantly higher because I am booking by phone. In this specific case, the voucher doesn’t even cover the difference in booking by phone. It’s actually cheaper to throw the voucher in the bin and pay for the flight online by debit card.

Needless to say, this has left me feeling totally ripped off by these flight vouchers.

I would appreciate some help with the situation.

Regards,
Andy

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Andy_Bear said:

However, the operator just kept referring me to the "Terms and Conditions" and didn’t move on the price, nor really understood my position.

Putting aside your strong feelings about injustice, etc, what do the Ts & Cs actually say for your vouchers?  You obviously need to know this in order to ascertain whether you have any chance of getting them to cooperate - as I understand it from previous threads and posts about this, their voucher terms have changed during the course of the crisis and they also vary according to whether they were issued automatically online or not, so find out exactly what terms yours were issued under and in particular the specific details about how to redeem them.
  • Anamox
    Anamox Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sadly EasyJet is winning the race to the bottom on ethics over the whole situation, even Ryanair aren't as bad as them in my experience! 

Did you purchase the vouchers by credit card? If so, you may be able to submit a section 75 claim against them.
  • Andy_Bear
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Andy_Bear said:

However, the operator just kept referring me to the "Terms and Conditions" and didn’t move on the price, nor really understood my position.

Putting aside your strong feelings about injustice, etc, what do the Ts & Cs actually say for your vouchers?  You obviously need to know this in order to ascertain whether you have any chance of getting them to cooperate - as I understand it from previous threads and posts about this, their voucher terms have changed during the course of the crisis and they also vary according to whether they were issued automatically online or not, so find out exactly what terms yours were issued under and in particular the specific details about how to redeem them.

I have no idea because at the time of accepting the vouchers, the terms and conditions were not even mentioned, and there was certainly no mention of having to call customer services who would charge almost double the price.

Like Anamox said, even Ryanair issue vouchers which can be used online at the normal price. It seems EasyJet are issuing call centre vouchers only knowing they are in some cases worthless.
  • Dave1979
    Options
    I thought they reinstated the proper refund option recently? They originally removed the button at the start of this so you needed to call for a refund.
  • I am also having trouble with Easyjet vouchers. At the time this was all we were offered. On trying to book the flights that had been cancelled at a later date (October) we discovered that Easyjet does not fly there during the winter months. We then asked for our money back but have been told that because we accepted the vouchers we are not entitled to a refund.  We have lost all faith in Easyjet.
  • Essex_Jim
    Essex_Jim Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Picking up on an old thread......

I have a reminder email for my Easyjet Voucher but can't find my orginal email with my password.

Is there a link wher i can get a new password.

Quick look at Easyjet website no obvious answer
  • OnionPeeler
    Options
    I've finally managed to use an Easyjet voucher (that was one of a couple that I was sent after a twice rearranged two-way flight still couldn't be taken due to covid restrictions) for an online flight booking. The first few times I tried to book online the payment confirmation webpage didn't have an entry field for a voucher. After searching their website and then googling the problem I discovered that these vouchers cannot be used for bookings that include non-flight extras, such as travel insurance or car hire. When I tried booking without the travel insurance the confirmation page then included an entry field for a voucher. I was able to find a better value travel insurance policy after I had booked anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback