IVA and redundancy payment

Options
My company have been making redundancy and I took up there offer as chances are I would likely be made redundant anyway and thought going early would be the better option.
I discussed this with my IVA supervisor and was told I could keep  6 months worth of earnings, the redundancy offer was lower than 6 months so I accepted the offer.
I have sent a statement to my supervisor of the redundancy breakdown and they are now saying they are going to take quite a large chunk.
The redundancy is broken down into redundancy, accrued leave, 2 months notice period and car allowance. The IVA supervisor has stated that all bar the redundancy amount is classed as additional earning and they will take a percentage. How can this be? If I had known I would have probably not taken redundancy and I would have taken my annual leave at the very least. Surely if any lump sum is bellow 6 months I am entitled to keep it. I was hoping to be able to retrain or maybe even pay off my IVA early with help from family members.
Can anyone advise, thanks

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport