Static Caravan sale Parkdean- not received money!

Hello,
Anyone else out there struggling to get their money from a Caravan sale with Parkdean? We sold ours over a month ago and our Buyers paid Parkdean who were to take their extortionate commission and settle our loan and pay us the remaining. The Terms and Conditions say we would get our money within 21 days of the paperwork arriving at head office. It has been 28 days since we sent paperwork and nothing. The Customer service is appalling and I have emailed and emailed and rung and had to be so persistent to just get a response. Fobbed off a few times. I sent a Complaint to General Manager on Monday who didn't pick it up. When chasing it today he said he didn'e 'see' original complaint email!! Where do we stand with challenging their breach of Terms and Conditions?
Thank you,
Rachel 

Comments

• Best to send a 'letter before action'  do this in writing with recorded delivery.  Google Letter before action.
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,207
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you checked they have received your paper work?
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,366
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    "within 21 days of the paperwork arriving at head office" but when did it arrive at Head Office? From that date they start counting and if you have no proof of when it arrived you can't really hold them to account.
    I see you used email to make the complaint. You get further if you send a back up old fashioned letter. Stuff that clutters up their desks and files has to be dealt with. Emails no one knows if it's been opened or arrived.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You may be expecting a lot of them at this time of coronavirus. You may have sent paperwork 28 days ago but if people are working from home rather than in the office, nobody would have received it. I'd keep phoning and telling them you want your money now.

They are only 7 days late, most people give 14 days' leeway before chasing payment anyway, under normal circumstances. And of course now is a very bad time because of aforementioned virus. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    twopenny said:
    "within 21 days of the paperwork arriving at head office" but when did it arrive at Head Office? From that date they start counting and if you have no proof of when it arrived you can't really hold them to account.
    I see you used email to make the complaint. You get further if you send a back up old fashioned letter. Stuff that clutters up their desks and files has to be dealt with. Emails no one knows if it's been opened or arrived.
    Sending old fashioned letters to their office won't work if they are working from home as they should be, given they are not offering a vital service.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,366
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good point MalMonroe. I obviously didn't think of that and a possible reason for delay.
    In usual times I've found being deluged with letters that make a fat file and have to be manhandled worked a treat in getting things done. Annoys them as much as they annoy me which is satisfying.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport