Bulk LPG Metered Estate - Lost Certification - How to switch?!

Options

Hi all

I'm currently on a metered LPG estate, the other property owners are out of their exclusivity period so I have approached another supplier to provide LPG to all of us. Documents have been signed with the incumbent supplier and prospective new supplier to give me authority to negotiate and agree a contract on their behalf - all golden there.

After agreeing a new price and terms with a new supplier, the new supplier has tried to action the transfer with the incumbent supplier. The incumbent has since contacted them to say they cannot provide/do not hold all the tank certifications (the have been the supplier for a very long time), consequently the new supplier cannot complete the transfer and the deal looks likely to fall through.

My question is, what recourse do I have, noting that LPG suppliers are not regulated by OFGEM?

Does the current supplier have a legal requirement to hold and provide documentation on demand?

Can I (on behalf of the estate) require them to recertify the tanks or have them removed? (the new supplier is willing to provide new tanks provided the old ones are removed).

I hope you can help me resolve this issue, as I'm at a bit of a loss! I appreciate it's quite niche so any advice or a point in the right direction would be useful.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback