New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Exceptionally thoughtful young man.

7 replies 1.1K views
Supermarket carpark. Enormous bang from offside front of car and car lurches down. A young man hears the noise and expresses concern.
We drive home very tentatively and young man, unbeknown to us, follows to make sure we are okay.
So worried. We didn't thank him enough, but we are very grateful and blessed for his kindness and care.
Turned out to be a broken coil/spring and fixed by our garage in a day.
What a lovely young man.

Replies

• coachman12coachman12 Forumite
    915 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    A good advert for young people ; it makes one feel good, doesn't it ?
    “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.”― Dalai Lama 
  • PrudentElliePrudentEllie Forumite
    14 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    What a lovely young man - I do wish there were more people like that!
  • coachman12coachman12 Forumite
    915 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    But there doesn't seem to be , does there Pru ?  Shame......
    “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.”― Dalai Lama 
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    42.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought someone was calling out to me because they were jogging and wanted to overtake me. In fact I'd dropped a credit card which they wanted to return to me.

I realised I'd also lost my bank card - everything had fallen out of my phone case. Sadly that had been picked up and misused but was blocked before I'd finished phoning to report its loss
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • PassElephantPassElephant Forumite
    52 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Savvy_Sue said:
    I thought someone was calling out to me because they were jogging and wanted to overtake me. In fact I'd dropped a credit card which they wanted to return to me.

I realised I'd also lost my bank card - everything had fallen out of my phone case. Sadly that had been picked up and misused but was blocked before I'd finished phoning to report its loss
    Sorry that someone misused your card, but what a good person that was who stopped you and let you know know your phone was shedding cards.
    There are so many good people in this world.
    I lost my wallet  last year because I left it on the car roof. A lovely man drove 13 miles to my home (driving licence card with address) and gave it back to me intact with £20 in it. I tried to given him the £20 but he wouldn't take it.
    Angels every where, despite the few naughty ones.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • AranyaniAranyani Forumite
    362 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    But there doesn't seem to be , does there Pru ?  Shame......
    There are absolutely loads, far far more good than bad. 
  • MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    8.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are everywhere, being kind, being considerate, helping others. Making a difference in the world. 
    But reporting it doesn't sell newspapers.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.