Make £10 a Day - September 2020 Thread :)

Aesop
Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 September 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Hello and welcome all.

With Lockdown2020, it has been an extremely challenging 2020 and I know everyone will be looking to make extra pennies with the current recession and costs of everything going up.

This is the 155th month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. Here is a link to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it and for everyone who has kept it going for more than 11 years! Thank you to SSDD23 who has been running the thread for a good few months.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra £10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of £1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to £5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for £10 a day. It really is entirely up to you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

What cannot be added:
Wages from your main job

What can be added:
Overtime
Income from a second job
Daily clicks
Interest
Vouchers
Mystery shopping
Survey income
Profit from selling on eBay etc
Cashback
And lots of other ways too. Check out the boost your income guide on this website for lots of ideas.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

So who wants to join us?

Aesop

Comments

• Aesop
    edited 9 September 2020 at 11:12PM
    Challengers Thread

1. Aesop £10
    2. moneyonmindsam £10
    3. AuctionFever £10
    4. Fidelia £10
    5. Madusa £3
    6. DarknessIntoPower £5
    7. ChangingMyWays89 £3
    8. A_Random_Man £10
    9. ditty1234 £10
    10. killielila £10
  • Aesop
    edited 3 September 2020 at 11:19PM
    Ideas thread

Ways to make money:
    • Phone apps using smartphones
    • Cashback sites eg Quidco, Topcashback,iMutual,Cashbackearners, etc
    • Survey sites like Prolific Academic, Swagbucks, Instagc, PanelBaseNet, etc
    • Selling on eBay, Shpock, Facebook pages, Etsy, etc
    • Sell old books/cd/dvds to sites like MusicMagpie, WeBuyBooks, Ziffit, Zapper, etc
    • Sell your vinyl, cassettes and CDs on Discogs
    • Join sites like Shop and Scan/Consumer Pulse - earn vouchers
    • Join Postal Panels like https://postalsurveys.tnsglobal.com/Home/SignUp

• Hi I'm in for September please at £10 a day. Good to see you back.
    This will be 3bay sales as I've cashed out everything else. Have about 50 things to sell 🤔🤣 so I will opt for the highest earners first to try and motivate myself. 
    Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Aesop
    Hi I'm in for September please at £10 a day. Good to see you back.
    This will be 3bay sales as I've cashed out everything else. Have about 50 things to sell 🤔🤣 so I will opt for the highest earners first to try and motivate myself. 
    Sam x
    keep an eye out for the £1 max fees listing days. I put up expensive items then. 
  • Good morning, thanks Aesop for starting the thread, I hope SSD is ok.  I'd like to join with 10 please :)  Yesterday made 14.79 mostly from Prolific and Shopmium cashback, plus a bit from daily free games.  Today will be doing some ebay relists and setting up a better photographing place.  Empathised with it having been a long hard year and also very much need to get back to earning in myriad ways!  
  • Fidelia
    Fidelia Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'd love to have a go at this challenge please. 'Normal' life seems a distant memory but at least I've plenty of time on my hands at the minute to try to come up with some money making ideas, however small.   

Not sure £10 a day (£300 over the month!) will be possible but please put me down for the full £10 anyway.  I'm a born optimist LOL
    Good luck, all.
    New Challenge:  Tilly Tidy as much as possible in 2022.  Running total to 26 Feb: £183.77

Tilly Tidy to £1200+ by 31/12/2021 Challenge.   
    Final 2021 total: £1313.37 /£1200+     Average £109.45/month 
    J£74.95/F£92.17/M£99.42/A£98.20/M£116.30/J£129.68/J£93.37/A£140.25/S£128.10/O£119.57/N£106.20/D:£115.16
  • Fidelia
    Fidelia Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Sorry, Aesop, just a couple of  questions about the 'rules'.

Is it OK to add money this month that's been in the pipeline for a while but has just become payable now? Like cashback, interest, survey cash etc?.  Do we add things like that when we actually get our hands on it or when we first 'earn' it?
    New Challenge:  Tilly Tidy as much as possible in 2022.  Running total to 26 Feb: £183.77

Tilly Tidy to £1200+ by 31/12/2021 Challenge.   
    Final 2021 total: £1313.37 /£1200+     Average £109.45/month 
    J£74.95/F£92.17/M£99.42/A£98.20/M£116.30/J£129.68/J£93.37/A£140.25/S£128.10/O£119.57/N£106.20/D:£115.16
  • Madusa
    Madusa Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Aesop,
    Thank you for renewing this.
    As a newbie I'm in for £3 a day - hopefully achievable but not too daunting.
  • Aesop
    Fidelia said:
    Sorry, Aesop, just a couple of  questions about the 'rules'.

Is it OK to add money this month that's been in the pipeline for a while but has just become payable now? Like cashback, interest, survey cash etc?.  Do we add things like that when we actually get our hands on it or when we first 'earn' it?
    Hi Fidelia
    Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to add money that has now become available from surveys, interest etc. 
    We always added it when we actually received it, reason being with cashback sites there was a chance it wouldn't get paid out or be payable.

But if the money is available to you now, by all means add it, as it is spendable income.
  • Aesop
    Madusa said:
    Hi Aesop,
    Thank you for renewing this.
    As a newbie I'm in for £3 a day - hopefully achievable but not too daunting.
    definitely achievable. It can happen in small steps and may not be achieved each day but you may have a day where you earn in some form £30, that would cover you for 10 days of £3. Does that make sense? 

So don't be disheartened if yesterday you didn't earn £3 or today but Saturday you may find cashback pays out £6 that covers you.

We aren't rigid in this group that each day you must earn x amount and post it :)
    It is trying to break your goal down to a manageable amount each day to achieve an extra pot at the end of the month. You may be doing things to make these amounts and it all comes to fruition later. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback