Joining Virgin Media

Options
Hi, my TalkTalk contract is up next month and I'm looking to move elsewhere. Currently on a fibre deal but keen on super fibre due to now working at home. Virgin Media's M100 deal seems extremely good value at £24 a month, but just wondered if anyone had any good or bad experiences to share? When we moved into this house a few years ago we had old Virgin Media points removed and our phone line reactivated so that we could continue with our existing provider. I'm not keen to get the points put back in again as I will definitely be switching from Virgin once the contract ends, to avoid the massive price increase. The website states that once you've ordered, you are told if you can do the QuickStart install yourself or if you need an engineer. Does anyone know under what circumstances you would need an engineer? I can't find a number for new customers to check this. Also, silly question, but does anything need to be done with the phone line whilst with Virgin? Presumably you just leave it live? Thanks

Comments

• bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    An engineer is required if you have DIY removed any of the original phone and cable sockets serving Virgin Cable. If you are only having phone and broadband without TV, an engineer will usually only install one phone and one broadband cable socket for you.  These are wired back to an external junction box which should be visible on outside wall of your property.

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had no issues with VM except the occasions where theres an outage.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback