Unite Students Accommodation Room Rental Costs - Can they change the price for the exact same room?

13»

Comments

• 917700 said:
    917700 said:
    917700 said:
    This is not right place to ask this question. Ignore those judgement posts.

Have a look of the terms of the contract, ask United Students ‘can I terminate the contract early’. 

In April, a lot of students were offered early termination and particle refund. 

Good luck. 
    Partial refund
    I'll look into it. Apologies but I don't have anywhere else to ask :/ I'm a bit stumped because I'm supporting myself throughout this student process. Everything is completely new to me, but I appreciate your straight answer. 
    I completely understand your feelings. I wish you can find a new job and get life back to track soon. 

In June and July, some London students property landlord offered 20% - 30% discount to their existing tenants to renew the contract. But I personally think the rent will go back to pre-COVID level in September and October. 
    I'll see what they could perhaps offer too because like many companies I don't think they had clauses that would cover situations like these. It's a struggle for everyone right now so time will tell. Fingers crossed!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,934 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    IWelcome to MSE saffronmurray.
    I am moving this over to the student board. 
    I can't really offer any advice other than to hope it works out for you. Hopefully others with similar issues will see your thread and not rush in to deals. 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Thanks silvercar: for anyone who has found this forum with similar problems, please contact Unite Student's customer service as they were happy to cancel my booking and re-book with the new rate over the phone. They mentioned their cancellation policy has had to be extended due to COVID-19. Just be mindful that their waiting times over the phone are a tad long... about 30 mins for me to speak to an advisor. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback