PIP TRIBUNAL WON!

2»

Comments

• Just a quick update, spoke to DWP today they said my award letter was sent out on 20/08/2020 so it should be here any day now.
    I will also receive my backdated money on 26/08/2020 so two days time! and my first regular monthly payment will be 16/09/2020.
    All in all from the tribunal date to the date of backpay for me has been just under three weeks.
    Thank you for everyone’s help and support if you do have any questions ask away! 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thank You.
    Gives me some hope of a result in a reasonable timeframe.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Mine was about the same (2-3 weeks) from time of PIP tribunal to money being in the bank.  I was suprised, I expected to wait a whole lot longer.  I can still remember the feeling when I saw my bank balance.  I felt like I'd won the lottery (was almost a year's back pay).  Then I was able to claim SDP as well. I will remember it for the rest of my life lol.  
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    @bambookanee
    Did you attend the hearing or via phone.
    Or just a paper based one?
    Life in the slow lane
  • lloydroberts
    lloydroberts Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 September 2020 at 1:13AM
    Well done.
    Can I ask how long from DWP sending their evidence in did you have to wait for the decision?

Since Covid19 current waiting times for hearing on average is 32 weeks from the time you request the Tribunal. Of course this is average but definitely a lot less than it was before Covid.
    I waited four weeks from application to hearing day.

Lodged 17 August and had my hearing(phone)15th September and notified of outcome 17th September..

DWP originally awarded the standard living component only but the courts awarded the enhanced rate on both components. Happy Days.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback