Asda Deliveries - Beware Missing Items

All shoppers BEWARE of Asda Deliveries!!
After receiving my Asda delivery on Tuesday, I noticed I had a sizable amount of "missing" items from my order.....all my "Frozen Foods". I prepare for my delivery by presenting directly outside my door a large cardboard box for the delivery to be placed to help with my disability and covid social distancing.
When Asda delivery driver arrived- a very unusual - 1.5 hours early I though great, although what if I wasn't at home?
At my door I asked him to drop the delivery into the large box and whilst doing so I thought there's not a lot of bags - must be well packaged and hidden in box.
When he left and within minutes I saw I was missing 5 x pizza, 5 tubs of Iceceam, 2 x box burgers and baguittes.
This was part of an order to last me 2 weeks.
A total of £30 of produce was missing and I immediately contacted ASDA Customer service. They log it and advise you request a refund online which I did and refused.
The reason for refusual - "High value items"!!!
However they dis refund my Baguittes, Burgers and 1 x Pizza value = £10.
So they still have my £20 worth of goods 
Things to note -Deliver Driver was very Flustered - No mention of missing goods, no receipt - NOTHING !!
Are my missing goods still in the delivery van perhaps? Were they dispatched at the Asda Store- who knows?
Finally, I will never shop at Asda again as they can "miss" deliver any item and you are stumped.
ASK FOR A RECEIPT and count items when driver present. I would also ask for a name and video your order with them present to confirm anything missing and acknowledged there and then. Terrible this is what you must do to get what you paid for.
Very angry and disappointed Asda,....you just lost a very good customer.....Thats Asda Price You Pay for Dishonesty!!

Comments

• Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They should have realised at the end of the day when the van had extra items (unless it was delivered to somebody else and they kept quiet)

Get onto your social media and tell them/the world.

Do you really go through 5 pizzas & 2 boxes of burgers & 5 tubs of icecream a fortnight? 
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Has this happened before...
  • Spank said:
    They should have realised at the end of the day when the van had extra items (unless it was delivered to somebody else and they kept quiet)

Get onto your social media and tell them/the world.

Do you really go through 5 pizzas & 2 boxes of burgers & 5 tubs of icecream a fortnight? 
    Hi Spank - thanks for the reply. Yes there is something not correct with this as I would have expected the delivery driver to quote me "missing" items then have these removed from the system or taken back to the store - neither of which has happened. Very, very concerning.
    And - Teehee - I rotate what I order every 2 weeks and no will not eat all the 5 x pizzas, 8 Burgers and 5 Ice-creams in 2 weeks maybe 3 weeks haha : P
    Has this happened before...
    Hi Katrina - thanks for the reply.
    No this hasn't happened before although I have stopped another driver walk away quickly with an item still in his plastic tray (Frozen tub of Ice-ceam) believe it or not. Its a relatively heavy and noisy product and obvious the tray was not empty. Didn't seem all that apologetic either when I stopped him....Hmmm...interesting!!
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,233
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Perhaps the Asda driver was a moonlighting over zealous dietitian misguidedly taking direct action. ;)  
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    So, they kept your money for items they did not deliver?! 

That's not only outrageous, it's also theft and should be reported to the police, straight away.

I shop online and I am sent a printout of everything I've ordered the day before it's delivered. Don't Asda do that? 

We use Sainsbury's. I know it's not the cheapest but at the moment, my daughter and I are still isolating for reasons of ill health. We've been shopping online with them for years but during coronavirus it's been invaluable. If there are any items we've ordered that they don't have they let us know before they deliver and any substitutes are clearly indicated on our print out prior to delivery.

If something isn't delivered or we get the wrong item we just phone Sainos and tell them and receive an immediate refund. No questions asked, no refusals. No having to go online. I can recommend them very highly. I know they're not the cheapest but we also had Tesco in the past and they were not only rubbish, their drivers were particularly rude. We've never had any driver go off without leaving everything we've ordered. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,814
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Of course I forgot no one make mistakes themselves.  Take it up with your bank/card provider and get a refund that way.
    why everyone seems to have be histrionic about things like this is beyond me.  I wonder how many other hundreds of thousands other deliveries that have been correct :#    And really they wont miss you as a customer.  Seeing as supermarkets profit margin is only 1-4%!!!! And they lose money on every internet delivery.
    Yours
    Calley x

Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • I have only tried Asda delivery once, so many items were missing with silly substitutions I've never tried them again.  But refunds weren't a problem.  It does sound like a mistake to me.  I'd complain again.  Drivers aren't really too keen on hanging around while you check the items, particularly if you don't move too quickly (I don't).
  • walwyn1978
    walwyn1978 Posts: 837
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    calleyw said:
    Of course I forgot no one make mistakes themselves.  Take it up with your bank/card provider and get a refund that way.
    why everyone seems to have be histrionic about things like this is beyond me.  I wonder how many other hundreds of thousands other deliveries that have been correct :#    And really they wont miss you as a customer.  Seeing as supermarkets profit margin is only 1-4%!!!! And they lose money on every internet delivery.
    Yours
    Calley x

I wasn’t aware that supermarkets lose money on every home delivery until now but a quick Google confirms it.

The Emperor has no clothes! I am amazed that the companies carry on with it
  • I had 4 bottles of wine, about £25 worth missing from Asda order yesterday, engaged in fight for refund, won't be using Asda again
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,133
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Jcpaul said:
    I had 4 bottles of wine, about £25 worth missing from Asda order yesterday, engaged in fight for refund, won't be using Asda again
    Given that I have read similar stories about missing items in relation to every supermarket, that does deliveries, I was just wondering who you would be using instead?

I don't use ASDA deliveries but when Tesco have missed something from my order, I either inform the driver who apologises and says they will make a note and they sort the refund for me, or I phone the number listed, have a pleasant conversation with someone at the end of the phone and they sort the refund out for me. No 'fight' to get a refund.
    Past caring about first world problems.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure