IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Congestion Charge PCN for weekend travel

Options
2»

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2020 at 5:24PM
    Options
    tomtt said:
    Hi @matty1234 - did you have any luck with your PCN for the congestion charge? I didn't know about the changes in rule either,  travelled to the congestion charge zone on bank holiday, 31st August and have now received a PCN.
    The first reply on this thread, by @Redx, may help you.
  • mjr24
    Options
    Hi everyone. I had a similar experience and got mine overturned. Just wanted to let people know how:
    I had borrowed my parents car for a weekend trip and wasn't aware that congestion charge now applies on weekends. I appealed online and basically told the truth as succinctly as I could. Detailing how I wasn't the normal driver, hadn't driven in London since before the changes and also wasn't aware of the changes being brought forward. Also mentioned I'm a student with limited income. Seems to have done the trick because they accepted the points and cancelled the PCN. Definitely worth a try if you have a similar case!
    Good luck all, 
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport