IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Congestion Charge PCN for weekend travel

Options
I’m an occasional London traveller and have recently received a PCN for being in the Congestion Zone on a Sunday. I had no idea this had changed (I now know it happened on 22nd June) and the signs haven’t been updated to advise of this. I would have been happy to comply with a £15 charge if asked (most probably would have avoided it) but don’t feel as though this has been reasonably enforced especially for a now £80 fine. Do I have a reasonable case for appeal? And if I appeal does the discount period freeze like with a parking ticket or does it automatically double?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to ask over on pepipoo fightback forums , signing up with a non Hotmail email address , then post over there in the appropriate section
  • Scrapit
    Scrapit Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd try to appeal as it's newly changed but it changed cos tfl are desperate for money so don't expect it to succeed 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,972 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 August 2020 at 5:34PM
    Options
    I didn't know this had changed - eek!  Sundays?! 

I can no longer take my son back to Uni then, without worrying about the C charge...hurrumph.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
     but don’t feel as though this has been reasonably enforced 

You would have a job convincing a Magistrate or Adjudicator of this,   IMO it was very well publicised.  Your other questions are asily answered by googling.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 9 August 2020 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Where was it publicised (well) that the C charge was to include Sundays?  I read BBC news every day and saw nothing.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 August 2020 at 6:03PM
    Options
    It was in The Sun - I only found that by asking Auntie Google and she said it started on June 22nd ..................... but don't worry, it's only temporary!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where was it publicised (well) that the C charge was to include Sundays?  I read BBC news every day and saw nothing.

Expected to be in place for a year, the charge has risen from £11.50 to £15 and will now be enforced everyday from 07:00-22:00.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53127019

TfL said the resumed congestion charge would be temporarily extended to between 07:00 and 22:00, seven days a week, from 22 June and the price rise would be in place for a year.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52677059

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    ''Temporary'' ''for a year''...tell me another, TFL.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The London Mayor went begging to the Government with less than a month's money left.
    The Transport minister gave him a loan telling him to increase TFL charges, now on Sundays.

Then Boris wants people to return to their offices ???   WHAT AND BE SCAMMED BY TFL

It's all like the Mad Hatters Tea party from Alice in Wonderland ... all over again

"Cup of Tea Boris" ???  NO. I'm late I'm late for a very important date

• tomtt
    tomtt Posts: 12 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi @matty1234 - did you have any luck with your PCN for the congestion charge? I didn't know about the changes in rule either,  travelled to the congestion charge zone on bank holiday, 31st August and have now received a PCN.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback