We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lending Stream Delaying Refund

Hi, 
I would be interested if anyone has any advise regarding a complaint to Lending Stream 
Timeline of my complaint:
30/04/2020: Raise complaint via resolver.
29/05/2020: Chase complaint.
30/06/2020: Escalate case as no response. 
07/07/2020: Receive final decision and offer of a refund and advise I should respond to confirm I accept the offer and confirm the bank details they have on file are correct, then they will send the refund in 28 days. 
07/07/2020: I respond that I accept the offer, advise that the bank details are the same but my name has changed and offer to send a copy of my marriage certificate if needed. 
03/08/2020: Receive email (27 days days later!) asking for a copy of my marriage certificate and once received they will "begin the refund process"
03/08/2020: I email back with the certificate and ask them to confirm when the refund will be issued, and if "starting the refund process" means I have to wait another 28 days

I've tried contacting them by phone but just keep going round an automated system, and they haven't responded to my email; my main concern given the current situation is that its obvious they are stalling the refund, is this because they are due to go into administration (I appreciate I might be paranoid here :smile:)

Any advise welcome 
Thanks 

Comments

  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 15,615 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Maybe, or maybe there are people not working due to covid.
    Non me fac calcitrare tuum culi
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.