Furious !!!!!!!

We are in the car with two children on our way to our holiday lodge in Durham when Hoseasons telephone to say ‘ooh we are very sorry but we’ve double booked your accommodation so please do not travel as we have no alternative to offer you’ !!! 
We booked on 13th July, why could they not of discovered this sooner before we packed up the car with children & having out cats in cattery !!!!!
This has pushed us over the edge as we also had a holiday to Barbados cancelled 19th May by Virgin & still awaiting the refund !!!

Why do these big companies think it’s ok to treat people like this !!! We are homeward bound ALL in tears 

Comments

• mr_stripey
    mr_stripey Posts: 665 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    yeah I'd be pretty annoyed too if that happened to me.
    Probably worth a complaint to their customer services when you get home - hopefully they can fix you up with some alternative at a later date.

• qwert10
    qwert10 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Get on to the CEO (use find myceo to find them) and send a friendly but uset email saying family hos ruined/kid upset etc etc

May get a good result works for me 9/10 times but suggest be polite not angry as tends to annoy them
  • Its upsetting but it happens, especially now with all the stuff going on.
    I wouldnt bother trying to get any compensation, these companies need all the help they can get at the moment and we dont want to see any more going bust.

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Its upsetting but it happens, especially now with all the stuff going on.
    I wouldnt bother trying to get any compensation, these companies need all the help they can get at the moment and we dont want to see any more going bust.

While QQO is correct is saying that all holiday businesses will be struggling at present, but it is unacceptable that you are told when you have already set off. A letter of complaint to the CEO would be the best idea. Most CEO's offices will pass letters of complaints directly to the Complaint's team, but the fact it was addressed to the CEO will not be lost. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Why 'especially now'? You'd hope they had a computerised system, not one where staff had to fill in ledgers to make bookings. There is no excuse for a double booking at any time. 
    Personally if a company had treated me like that, I'd be delighted if they went bust. Holiday accommodation will still exist, it'll just be a different company that lets it. 
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker

Personally if a company had treated me like that, I'd be delighted if they went bust. 
    Me too. I am sick of hearing the let's be kind to these incompetent businesses. 
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper

Why 'especially now'? You'd hope they had a computerised system, not one where staff had to fill in ledgers to make bookings. There is no excuse for a double booking at any time. 
    Personally if a company had treated me like that, I'd be delighted if they went bust. Holiday accommodation will still exist, it'll just be a different company that lets it. 
    Even with computerised systems things can still go wrong from synchronisations issues causing true double bookings to a room/lodge having to be taken out of commission when the place is fully booked (eg last guest has trashed it)

I am not sure why you want their 460 employees to become unemployed and worried as to how they'll pay their rent/mortgage plus the small business that inevitably will be providing services to them? Really a reasonable response to a single mistake?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback