IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Two PCNs Received - looking for standard template to appeal to landowner

2»

Replies

• DeeonehereDeeonehere Forumite
    12 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Redx said:
    Of course any ticket that fails POFA means they cannot hold a keeper liable , but that won't stop them

Yes they regularly issue court claims in which case a judge can decide , if they go all the way

The PPC has 6 years to issue a court claim pack from the CCBC in Northampton
    Thanks Redx, any stats on how many go 'all the way'? They are young and do not have the tolerance or fortitude that an older person might, and not sure that I want to get bogged down in drafting responses for all of them. It really irks me as I would prefer they donate the money to charity than to fuel these rogue companies.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKCPM issued 1,627 court claims in 2019. They are the country's most litigious parking firm. There are no 'going all the way' statistics. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    37.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats are not recorded , the government have better things to do on stats than a small proportion of court claims dealing with private parking , it's an unregulated industry

There are enough court case threads on here to get an idea that they are no strangers to court claims
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • DeeonehereDeeonehere Forumite
    12 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thank you, think this says enough, one thing I will ensure they do, as suggested earlier is to contact their MP's (I will draft a letter) Anything to make them have to work for their money.
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:
    UKCPM issued 1,627 court claims in 2019. They are the country's most litigious parking firm. There are no 'going all the way' statistics. 
    We wish it was only court claims; the 1,627 is the number of actual "going all the way" hearings in 2019.
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Please come back to this forum in a week or two when we hope the new mandatory code of practice will be available for public consultation.
    Get all your friends and family members to do the same.
    We need as many people as possible to read the new draft and comment on it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If they go done the route of out of time  - are they likely to end up going to court?
    Yes, and the defendants will 99% likely win if they follow our advice/our template defence and also remember to put in their WS & evidence and attend the hearing (whic might be by phone). 

We've helped young and old, to do this.  99% win rate since 2016 on this forum.  I think we had no losses in 2016, then about 2 or 3 in 2017, and that's the way it's carried on...with most cases being discontinued these days (NO HEARING!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD