Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

Universal credit and childcare

New Post Advanced Search

Universal credit and childcare

13 replies 282 views
Hi,
I posted a while ago fiance works full time 42 hours a week, on minimum wage, I got made redundant during the virus. We have a 3 year old child who was due to start private childcare 3 days a week which suited my pervious job.

Was worried about securing a job which suited our family however got offered a job in a school 15 hours a week, term time at £9.60 an hour. Problem being we have now missed the cut off for council nursery which us term time, 9 to 3 which would suit us perfectly and earliest they will review is end of September for possible October start.

Our child is due to start nursery 2 days a week in next few weeks as we cut it to the 2 as they are fully funded until i begin work, are we entitled to help with childcare putting him in the full days until he is able to get into a council nursery which would be free as 30 hours. The childcare cost is £500 per month on top of his free hours as the nursery is open all year.
I'm not sure where to ask as never claimed before  i did post on my universal credits journal asking but had no reply. I also don't have a start date due to the virus.

Thanks

Replies