Climbing hills

123457»

Comments

• Well done on all your progress. 
    I have started also tracking via ynab every spend and its already making me really look at everything in finer detail and tracking

As with your hair appts - I also stretch mine out over 3 months rather than 2 when I can.. 

£200-£250 in tobacco - £3k a year at least pre tax - ouch - its a choice ! (not necessarily a good one but good you are both clear on the cost.

Maybe separate out the tobacco costs each month into a separate pot with the app as its definitely not grocery -and oputting that in there hides the numbers... Maybe he can work extra to pay that amount? Sometimes we need to see the hard data to start deciding to change. What is this costing me etc

Or maybe just allocate £250  a month for personal spends for him that he can decide how he wants to blow it -including his drinks/tobacco etc and then thats his monthly money to spend how he likes  (so less nagging your end!)  but then where is your equivalent ?
    Thats £250 after tax as well.. thats a very nice pair of shoes ;)

I have started tracking my haribo and crisp spends  and my drinks out just as I am interested to see total amounts per month/annually  - I can then choose to change my behaviour once I clearly can see the funds going out - I only drink once a week but central london so its expensive .. but at least I am clear where it is all going and I can decide  as I did on Saturday night to have a big night out but no regrets ;)
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback