No Fibre or Cable at Address - options?

Options
Hi Forum hoping you can help!

We live on a corner plot in a residential area in Surrey. Unfortunately, Openreach havent put fibre in our cabinet and Virgin havent linked our house (despite the cables going down both streets). I've had no luck with persuading either that we have somehow been missed and it should be added.

All other cabinets in the vicinity have fibre installed and all houses except ours in the street have access to superfast Virgin.

We have ADSL and have tried Annex M for an additional £12 a month, but turned it off again as it makes little difference. I especially need greater upload speeds as I am almost completely unable to screenshare on video calls which is a large part of my day job that will now be at home a large proportion of the time. 

I'm at the point of frustration where money is no object to get a fast line in, but I cant seem to find any other options that look reliable. 4G is interesting, but I dont want to pay if it doesnt work properly and I dont want drop-out problems. Does anyone have experience of it?

Are there any others I dont know about?

Comments

• Highland76
    Highland76 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 July 2020 at 12:22PM
    Options
    curly450 said:
    I'm at the point of frustration where money is no object to get a fast line in, but I cant seem to find any other options that look reliable. 

If money really is no object, then go for a leased line. Leased line prices have come down massively in recent years, 1 Gig down/up can be had for as low as £200-£300/m with no upfront costs in certain areas. Have a look at line broker for quotes:
    www.linebroker.co.uk
  • curly450
    Options
    Thank you I hadnt heard of that - we're a mixed use building with two types of ADSL so that could be interesting actually. 
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would give 4g a try for a few weeks first .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback