Lied to by virgin media

Options
December 2019 call Virgin Media and told them I want to leave as I was out of contract and wasn't happy with their service I had sky line-up to move my service to them Virgin Media customer services said they would sort me out a new package if I was going to stay that package was £32.50 included boosting my internet speed to 100mb of course this is a great price so I agree to stay  £32.50 for  12 months with a promise it would not rise after the first payment It started to rise taking payments of £37.50 it's now going up to to £40 a month i tried contacting them when I noticed the payment was more than we agreed but by now we had the lock down and could not get through to anybody no one would answer I spent hours trying to call somebody the one or two times I got through I was told basically I was lying there was no contract for £32.50 and I'd signed and sent back and agreement via email so I asked him what email address they had they gave me some blueyonder email address which I've never had I have no idea where I got this address from I told them my proper email address which they've been billing me for the last 10 years on and I said I didn't have that address they then tried to tell me me that the first payment of £32.50 was because they agreed to give me £5 credit total lies why are these companies allowed to get away with blatant lying and conning  people out of their money can somebody please point me in the right direction I'm getting nowhere at the moment thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 July 2020 at 9:45PM
    Options
    Could you break that up into more than just a single sentence?

I passed out about two hundred words in from lack of oxygen.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 July 2020 at 10:00PM
    Options
    You agreed to a new 12 month contract but Virgin Media are not billing you the correct amount. Virgin Media don't accept that, they say they are billing you the correct amount.
    You need to make a complaint to Virgin Media as this means you will be able to take the complaint to CISAS after 8 weeks for an independent adjudicators decision.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Could you break that up into more than just a single sentence?

I passed out about two hundred words in from lack of oxygen.
    You made it to two hundred words?

OP. Perhaps just put the relevant facts in and try paragraphs.

To make your post a little more readable.

Perhaps, would get you more advice?
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP blueyonder is a VM email address , probably used on sign up .
    Written complaint  is next step but make it short and to the point .
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sales calls should be recorded , so you could ask that that they listen to the call , and possibly provide a transcript, to prove what was said.
    AFAIK, unless they have advised you of the inclusion of an annual CPI/RPI based increase into your contract , and the price rise is no more than that, then they should give you the option to leave if you reject the ( over inflation ) increase, have you said to them that you want to leave and the  increase in price is the reason , you have to leave within a short period of time once they advise you of the increase.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback