Paying TV licence by Cheque

apb123
apb123 Posts: 33
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 14 July 2020 at 9:08AM in TV MoneySaving
I have been pruning my direct debits and I have cancelled the TV licence fee one but it is due soon..

I am still debating about whether to pay. I certainly never consume any BBC content but I want to make sure the whole family understand and dont indvertantly login to iplayer...

If I decide to pay I am sure it will be our last year. I wondered whether I could pay by cheque. If so can this be done monthly. 

There is a great national battle going on to scrap the licence fee and make the BBC go private. I dont think I can bear paying a full year in one go...

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,274
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Using Google gives you the options

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/pay-for-your-tv-licence/ways-to-pay

But by cheque only in 1 yearly payment , not monthly.

Their payment card allows flexible weekly, monthly payments
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There is an option to log out of BBC iPlayer so that it will ask for login details next time it is used and depending on the device, you might be able to delete or hide the app.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback