Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

Advice/help please - home move to Virgin

New Post Advanced Search

Advice/help please - home move to Virgin

Hi

I’m looking to complete/exchange on new house on 24 July so started to look at arranging broadband. I’ve found out that the house we’re moving to is currently on Virgin Media so I’m assuming that we will need a phone line installing. So either

• choose a broadband provider based on the deals and contact them to see if there is a waiting time for line installation; or
  • go with Virgin Media for ease. but I can only find 18 month deals and they’re not the cheapest.

Has anyone got any recent experience in terms of providers saying how long it will take to get an engineer out/line fitted before I start calling around? I’m currently with Plusnet at my current property and out of contract.

As I work from home (as many of us are) do I just go down the VM route so I can have it quickly connected. Obviously I want to save money as moving home is coming with enough costs but also need to make sure I can work.

TIA