PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Reduce house price after 6 weeks

Options

We have had our house on the market for 6 weeks on Friday and had 9 viewings but no repeat views

The house we would like to purchase has a fair bit of interest and it listed for £425K but my partner said we shouldn’t put in a offer until ours has sold

We feel ours is listed too high and we want a quick sale so we can put an offer in the house we have found would £20k drop in 6 weeks make people wonder what is wrong with the house

The listing is here rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-93149717.html

Also we have done the following since the photos have been taken

• Remove decal from bedroom walls
  • Moves clothing into the cupboard but left the rail up in bedroom
  • Removed Lego from bedroom shelves
  • Changed the bath panel
  • Replaced shower curtain for a white one
  • Repainted the window frames
  • Removed collectables from bookshelf in office and replaced with candles
  • Removed some of the board games from shelf to seem less cluttered but did not want empty shelves

The houses in our area seem to go for anywhere between £375k-£500 also the house 2 doors down is up for sale at £475k but they have converted the bathroom into a small bedroom 8’7 x 4’11 and a small bathroom 5’7 x 5’10 while we still have the original bathroom

Any advice on if we should lower the price and how to encourage second viewings

Comments

• eidand
    eidand Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    the rightmove ad says 24/06 .... that's 3 weeks, not 6
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 July 2020 at 12:15PM
    Options
    Garden could be tidied up.

I don't like the EA's watermark getting in the way of all their photos, but probably not much you can do about that.
  • Movinghome2020
    Options
    We are making queries at moment about either getting someone in to do the garden or a waste management company to come and collect the waste produced if we do it our self   
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Im another who finds the watermark really annoying, it detract from your photos. Also the agents description is lacking by having just measurements and no detail regarding what's included in terms of the kitchen, bathroom, sockets etc.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Price lowed in short space of time wouldn't put me off, it just means after a quick sale = hopefully speedy process.
  • eidand
    eidand Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Marvel1 said:
    Price lowed in short space of time wouldn't put me off, it just means after a quick sale = hopefully speedy process.
    indeed, I'd be happy to see the price lowered, if i was looking to buy .... which I am :)
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You are getting viewings which would tend to suggest that the pricing isn't too far out.

I personally think that dropping the price after six weeks is a bit early but it all depends on how quickly you want to move on.
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    I think you have a lovely house. I just think the garden let's it down as straight away I notice the "junk" and the fences look like they need replacing.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" Thomas Edison
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    Options
    I`m seeing asking price cuts of up 45k for your area with PropertyLog, I think you need to price cut in this economic climate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback