What small DFW things will you do w/c 13th July

New Post Advanced Search

What small DFW things will you do w/c 13th July

30 replies 1.1K views
carrielovesfantacarrielovesfanta Forumite
2.5K posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.  

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important 😀
LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
Total repaid: £10,490.31
Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
SAVINGS: £14000
Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113

Replies

• TryingAgain2022TryingAgain2022 Forumite
    86 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hello all
    This week:
    • pay surprisingly large amount for car repair. -DONE. Used money from the joint account to avoid putting anything on CC. Still 100% avoided adding to debt in 2020 :-)
    • avoid doing any shopping as I have overspent this month on various things eg kid clothes and engagement gift, plus takeout!
    • free exercise walking the dog and pottering in the garden
    • meals from stores 
    • allowing myself a couple of takeout coffees in the car as it's part of my plan to stay sane
    • book a holiday, again. Third time lucky (first two unsuitable on closer inspection. Free cancellation is the charm.)
    • continue mission to make the house look more like other people's :-D  You know, those houses where you can see the floor.
    That's it. Feeling a bit better but then not bc my back is twingeing again - not pain just weird twisting/tight feeling between shoulder blades. Had it before and the radiator helped, will be sitting with back against radiator as soon as work is over.
    -TA2022

PEAK Dec 2019: £24,273 -- NOW Virgin £2377 Markses £681 Halifax £6143 Loan £6696 Family loan £5819 TOTAL: £21,706 -- Paid off: £2308. Target: Jan 2023 LBM: monthly pay but weekly spend doh :o December 2020 target = £18212 and nothing added to CCs AND by paying an extra 20 a month on something I just knocked 8 months off my target date :-)
  • PurpleFairy26PurpleFairy26 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks. Thanks for starting us if CLF 

sorry I’ve been awol. Like others, not much to say combined with trying to spend less time online has meant a bit of an absence. We did eat our first homegrown courgette yesterday which was yummy!

Things to do today:
    check banking
    double check tax return and submit 
    check DH tax return and submit
    have a small dance if I achieve the above submissions as it will be the earliest I’ve ever done that! 
    Do a meal plan, have one of sorts but need to change it up and include lunches given we’re here for another 6 weeks! 
    Update freezer inventory
    sort out some returns
    double check an account, they send me a £10 goodwill credit for something which they actually debited so I was £20 worse off! The first person I spoke to said it wasn’t an issue and was correct but the second person I spoke to agreed it was wrong. They have applied a £20 credit but the balance is still not what I was expecting- how can it be this hard! 
     Stay off social media. It seems most (not all) people posting seem to think lockdown has completed ended and any number of contacts at any distance is acceptable🧐😕
    bake something for snacks

have a good day all. Purps.