Options
13»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 August 2020 at 11:03PM
    Options
    my daughter works 20 hours a week and get ld just over £800 per month, the guarantor requirements which i thought were excessive too have been quoted by two different letting agents 
    Will she be living with you? With that level of earnings were she to claim UC her entitlement would be less that her half of the rent.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bevnhayley
    Options
    she will be living with me, so if i was named on the tenancy alone i can claim, but because i don’t have refs or guarantor i am finding it difficult to find a rental that will accept just me. that’s why i am thinking of us both being on the tenancy but i am just trying to work out what s affordable.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    she will be living with me, so if i was named on the tenancy alone i can claim, but because i don’t have refs or guarantor i am finding it difficult to find a rental that will accept just me. that’s why i am thinking of us both being on the tenancy but i am just trying to work out what s affordable.
    If it's just you you will get help with the full rent (subject to the maximum eligible Local Housing Allowance) and you daughter will not be expected to contribute because she is under 21. If she is on the lease you will only get help with half the rent and even if she claimed UC it would not give her money specifically to cover her half of the rent. She would need to pay some of the rent out of her earnings.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bevnhayley
    Options
    ok thank you 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family