Cheap gas prices from Ebico - Be quick!

edited 11 July at 2:08PM in Energy
12 replies 341 views
2»

Replies

• merchcon55merchcon55 Forumite
    167 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Just noticed this rate today - For high Gas users such as myself, this would save me £23 a year compared to my rate with Outfox the market (OFTM). It would also lock in the rate for 4 more months than my current deal, though it would be during a comparatively low Gas usage period (April - August 2021). The downside is, as Ebico Electricity rate is high, I would need to switch my Electricity back to Symbio - and I am quite happy to be away from there.

I do realise that some have had issues with OFTM - I have had no issues with them after 4 months. They did try to adjust our Direct Debit by £10 more per month - quick online chat and in fact I got them to reduce the Direct Debit by £17 per month - I will then increase it myself starting in October for winter usage. They had no issue with this.

Quite novel concept used by OFTM compared to Symbio - you give them a meter reading, and next day you get an invoice that reflects the charges of the meter readings given - very unlike Symbio.

• wakeupalarmwakeupalarm Forumite
    766 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Ebico are atrocious for customer service at the moment.  They are not answering telephone calls or emails. I think they must be a one man band operation. I would avoid them at all costs.