Redundancy and maintenance grant already applied for and accepted on old wage

Hi, So, my daughter is starting University this year, tuition fees and maintenance grants sorted a few months ago. Obviously, based on what my earnings were. 
I was made redundant starting from July (three months full pay), so as of October, I will be earning substantially less, I have jobs lined up, but I am unlikely to earn as much for a long time, if ever.
Is it a simple process to have this taken into account, or do I basically have to take it on the chin for this years maintenance grant and then just get a fairer grant for her second year?
Thanks for reading.
Duncan

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,730
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    You can ask for a re assessment if your income is forecast to drop by at least 15%.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • duncan48
    duncan48 Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks very much, appreciate that. So, it certainly will be. Do you know if this is simply a case of talking to someone, filling out different forms online, or maybe even having to print them out and fill in and send to an address?  I'm just conscious of time scales, as I can't see this being sorted before she starts (especially if it is the latter option).
    Cheers,
    Duncan
  • duncan48
    duncan48 Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks, yeh, realised I was being lazy, so had gone through that site - I sorted it out last night, and have sent the appropriate form off in the post. Looks likely the maintenance will go up by about 1.5K, so that will be a help. Cheers, Duncan 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback