Marriage allowance claims company Amazon gift card

Hello. I recently went through Marriage allowance claims company {I know, should have gone through the HMRC} to claim what I could. I was interested in the £250 amazon voucher for recording a video testimonial.. So... I recorded it, sent it in and a few weeks later got a release form... Signed that and sent it back.. Now more than 3 weeks later didn't hear anything. Managed to get them through Facebook messenger and they said it was sent via email last week. I have checked all of my folders with no joy....

Anyone else had any problems of the same?? 

Comments

• pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No, but have asked them to re-send the email?
  • Yeah but they are extremely slow on replying. Kind of thinking they trying to fob me off.  I am very concerned because not only do they have a video of me, they also have my signature to go with it.  Not on at all.  To make it worse, I phoned them and finally got through to them. They told me there was nothing they could do on the phone and to use messenger again. 
  • pphillips
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2020 at 5:09PM
    I think if they had emailed you the voucher, you would either have received it or they would happily resend it. Have they got an address you could write to and perhaps send a complaint or letter before court action? You might have to look for it on the Companies House website.
  • I believe they are a legitimate company as I had the claim. They do have an address. If I don't get this resolved by end of next week I will write a complaint letter.. Not sure what else I could do. 
  • pphillips
    Forumite
    Unless they have signed up to an arbitration scheme, you would need to sue for the £250.
    If you are going to take them to court then first of all you have to send them a letter before action.
  • OK thanks. Will see what happens. Thanks for the advice. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback