New Post Advanced Search

Payment holiday

1 reply 84 views
GeddersGedders Forumite
2 posts
Photogenic First Anniversary
I am in dire straits at the moment, I work for the NHS but I also do agency work on a self employed basis to make ends meet, I have worked in my normal job in radiology as a support worker throughout the pandemic but had no agency work, I have an IVA from a previous relationship breakdown and never missed a payment but I am struggling now, I have barely enough to live on at the moment although my agency work is starting up again, could I get a payment holiday from my iva until I get back on my feet, maybe a month or 2.?

Replies

• edited 7 July at 1:46PM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    21K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 July at 1:46PM
    Hi,
    Your IP has discretion to reduce payments by up to 15%, not sure if that will be helpful to you or not.
    Any further reductions would require a creditors meeting to approve.

Remember, any payments that are not made will be added onto the end of the arrangement.
    Don’t struggle, if it’s not affordable tell them so.
    Suggest you speak to your IP ASAP.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.