2»

Comments

• Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 July 2020 at 11:59AM
    Options
    Shoxt3r said:
    I'm looking to get a larger family car as our current 2013 Ford Focus is getting on a bit but also is a bit too small for our needs - i....Part Exchange on the Focus (have been told that trade exchange is £4,350 but am going to try for at least £4,500 as it's in near-perfect condition with only 44,000 on the clock. The Focus has also just had a fresh MOT which it passed without any faults or even advisories, as well as a minor service.
    You'd be better off trying to sell it privately. A 7-year old trade in will almost certainly just go to auction at any larger dealership so you're going to offered a low figure for it. Without the trade in you can theoretically negotiate a better deal on the other car too (or at least, avoid having a bad deal hidden by the trade in).

A low mileage Focus with a fresh MOT should sell pretty quickly.
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The answer to this question is almost always a Skoda Octavia estate.
    Unless you need something truly enormous, in which case the answer is a Skoda Superb estate.
    Completely agree, my last two cars were Skoda Octavia estates and my next car will probably be an Octavia hatch (the kids are growing up and no longer need room for a pushchair, travel cot, etc....although my teenage daughter does not travel light).

They are great cars, reliable, cheap to service and come loaded with a decent selection of bells and whistles. They are enormous inside, but still fits in my garage.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I love the C-Max really spacious and the titanium comes with the extras you are looking for. I picked up a 4 year old one for £9k so well in your budget
    Having traded an Octavia estate for a Grand C-Max, the boot seems small after the Octavia. I can't fault the reliability. The Skoda was fairly reliable, but the Ford is very reliable.
  • AlwaysPondering
    Options
    onlyfoolsandparking said:
    Citroen C4 grand picasso worth a look, loads of room and lots of useable extras. Quite sensible on price too
    Just part-ex'd a 2012 Focus against one of these. You could hold a social distanced party in the back with all the seats down. 
  • Korkyb
    Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another vote for a Mondeo.

I just sold my 2015 2.0d Titanium before lockdown for £8k (62k on clock) A rock solid, comfy, economical car with a huge boot.

£20 road tax & between 50 & 60 mpg.
    Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???
  • MinuteNoodles
    MinuteNoodles Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Korkyb said:
    Another vote for a Mondeo.

I just sold my 2015 2.0d Titanium before lockdown for £8k (62k on clock) A rock solid, comfy, economical car with a huge boot.

Last year I downgraded from a Mondeo to a Focus. The one thing I miss is the size of the boot, it seems to be barely a third of the size.

• L9XSS
    L9XSS Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Skoda Superb estate or Volvo V70 D5/(5 cylinder Diesel engine) . One of the biggest boots. 
    The Volvo and Skoda are extremely reliable! And both fuel efficient.
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What about a Hyundai Tucson? We've had 2 Hyundai's and cant fault them for reliability 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback