Forum Home» Random Acts of Kindness and All things Positive!

Snowdon Mountain Railway - Brilliant Customer Service

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Snowdon Mountain Railway - Brilliant Customer Service

7 replies 581 views
We had booked to go up to the top of Snowdon in August. They emailed us to tell us that if we wanted to cancel we could, as the train would not be going to the summit. We decided we would cancel and (hopefully) go back next year.  Once I'd emailed them to tell them this, the credit refund was on my credit card later that day. I just wanted to say a massive thank you to them for they way they dealt with this - an example to many others I've struggled with, including some sports teams, who've been less than ethical dealing with refunds. It also makes a mockery of the excuse that "it takes a long time to the banks to provide a refund". 

Replies

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thomasg26 said:
    We had booked to go up to the top of Snowdon in August. They emailed us to tell us that if we wanted to cancel we could, as the train would not be going to the summit. We decided we would cancel and (hopefully) go back next year.  Once I'd emailed them to tell them this, the credit refund was on my credit card later that day. I just wanted to say a massive thank you to them for they way they dealt with this - an example to many others I've struggled with, including some sports teams, who've been less than ethical dealing with refunds. It also makes a mockery of the excuse that "it takes a long time to the banks to provide a refund". 
    Did you send them an email saying you were happy with how it was dealt with ?
  • jimbo6977jimbo6977 Forumite
    778 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Llongyfarchiadau
  • K9K9 Forumite
    55 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    jimbo6977 said:
    Llongyfarchiadau
    I now know what it means (thank you google), but please don't ask me to pronounce it!   :)
  • JollyLadyJollyLady Forumite
    24 posts
    10 Posts
    This has touched me, as one of my mum's last wishes were that I took her on this railway to the summit, which I did in 2015, and it was a great day, with amazing customer service. Mum passed last year and I treasure the photos we have from that day.
  • oxroxxoxroxx Forumite
    10 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    Always great to hear about good service. Please let them know.
    I had to wait 6 months for Oxford United to refund my football tickets. I certainly let them know my feelings.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody with tickets for tomorrow (25th August) just a heads up that the Snowdon Mountain railway has cancelled all trains due to expected high winds with this incoming storm (another one!).
    They state that all tickets purchased will be repaid direct to the cards they were bought on.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots