edited 1 July at 12:22PM in Mobiles
5 replies 69 views
scaredofdebtscaredofdebt Forumite
1.5K posts
Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 1 July at 12:22PM in Mobiles
Hi,
My phone has been lost, it is in the house somewhere so no chance it's been stolen but anyway, turned the house upside down and cannot find it.

The phone is with EE but the contract ran out a few months ago, I've just been on a rolling contract since then to save money but the phone was damaged so I was going to replace it
about now in any case.

I understand you normally text "PAC" to change provider, but obviously I cannot do this as I cannot locate the handset.

I want to go to Vodafone (better coverage where I live) but am buying the handset from this site as the deal is better: 

Mobiles.co.uk

What process do I follow to get the new handset on Vodafone with my old number and in the process cancel the rolling contract with EE?

Thanks for any advice.

David

Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ring your phone if its in the house .
  • edited 1 July at 1:54PM
    eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 1:54PM
    You can 'manually' call their customer services (from any phone) and request your PAC that way.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Neil49Neil49 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You would be in a similar situation if your phone had been stolen or dropped down the toilet. 

I suggest that you contact EE and ask for a replacement sim with your existing phone number telling them that it has been lost. Once you have that up and running start the process to move providers. 
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 ... do a SIM swap with EE first for your new handset, and then get your PAC from EE and do a number port to Vodafone.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • scaredofdebtscaredofdebt Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, new SIM ordered.

Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108