Forum Home» Energy» Water Bills

Why do I have 2 meters?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Why do I have 2 meters?

7 replies 194 views
StorkeyjStorkeyj Forumite
26 posts
10 Posts First Anniversary
hi, 
I know this may seem a really silly question but can someone clear this up for me, i believe the left is my water meter as it corresponds to my account number, but any idea what the right one is??
Anyone know what the other display is for?

Replies

• moleratmolerat Forumite
    23.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are both water meters. Is this on your property or in the street between 2 properties ?
  • StorkeyjStorkeyj Forumite
    26 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Okay that explains it! Just wondered why they were both different if they were both water meters, yep its on the pavement in front of our house! So makes sense! Thanks!
  • deanosdeanos Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one on the left is an old analogue meter, the one on the right can be read can be read by the meter reader without lifting the lid
  • Mickey666Mickey666 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Could try turning them off in turn to find out which one serves which property.  Probably wise to talk to the neighbours first though ;)
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    46.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickey666 said:
    Could try turning them off in turn to find out which one serves which property.  Probably wise to talk to the neighbours first though ;)
    The OP already knows which is his, as the serial number matches his bill...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • deanosdeanos Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    macman said:
    Mickey666 said:
    The OP already knows which is his, as the serial number matches his bill...
    Always worth checking , could be a crossed supply :) 
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My son's and the opposite neighbour's (over a cul de sac entrance) meters were wrongly allocated by the builders. He found out while talking to a man doing a manual reading on the external meters. 
    Both houses were the same design , but the neighbours had multiple long stay visits from a number of the  man's relatives, so used more water , as account comparisons showed.