Argos and Argos Card - Non delivery of goods

During the lockdown really got into exercising and in order to monitor more of me like calorie burns, heart rate, etc. decided to buy a smartwatch from Argos for £163.94 including the delivery charge, which I paid for using my Argos Card, payable in 6 months with interest-free installments. I have bought things from Argos before and everything went fine. As usual, I received all emails and text confirming order confirmation and delivery confirmation. I requested my order to be delivered in the evening slot between 7:00 pm and 11:00 pm. On the eve of the actual delivery, I received one more text from Argos confirming that my order was on the way and would be delivered to me that evening and provided me with a 2 hours slot - 20:41:00 to 22:41:00. I waited for the order to be delivered that night until 23:20:00 but as nothing showed up, disappointed I went to bed. 
The next day I got on with my day as normal and as I did not hear or receive anything from Argos, I decided to log on to Argos website to see if any update or reschedule was made in regards to delivery and that is when I the noticed the status of the delivery was ticked and read, "You've received me already". Surprised I went through my home security camera to see if the delivery was made after I had gone to bed. There was no footage to suggest any delivery. I then called Argos and complained about it. They said they would look into it and someone would be in touch with me within 24/48 hours. As I did not hear from them for 3 days I decided to get in touch with them once again and finally managed to get on to their live chat and I was told then that, " I need to seek independent legal advice" and " a full investigation has taken place and no further action will be taken on your order as its been confirmed that the goods have been delivered to the address provided" - and they stuck to these lines every since. I have written to them reminding them of their obligation towards consumer rights and Sale of Goods Act but they keep on replying back to me in the same manner. I have even tried to resolve the issue with Argos Card but they too keep on saying that they too will investigate further and someone will get in touch with me, but it has been almost 2 months now and I getting nowhere. I have also been in touch with Citizens Advice Consumer Service - and as advised I keep them updated with the steps I am taking to resolve this issue. Can anyone help or advise, PLEASE?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback