New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Bankruptcy Advice needed

1 reply 121 views
Original post way too long (sorry !) anyway both me and my husband will be declaring soon - me first - currently he gives me a set amount £600 towards bills etc and I pay everything - do I show this on my statement as "income" and then when he submits later he does the reverse and shows this as "rent/board' to balance it out. I do earn more than him - just want to make sure I get it right. Thanks for any help


  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    I think you put your income and your share of the expenses

    He puts in his income and his share of the family expenses.

    If you earn 2 times him then you take 2/3 of the expenses

    If you earn £20000 and he earns £15000 then your share is 20/35.

    You'll need a calculator.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support