Bankruptcy Advice needed

Original post way too long (sorry !) anyway both me and my husband will be declaring soon - me first - currently he gives me a set amount £600 towards bills etc and I pay everything - do I show this on my statement as "income" and then when he submits later he does the reverse and shows this as "rent/board' to balance it out. I do earn more than him - just want to make sure I get it right. Thanks for any help


  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    16.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    I think you put your income and your share of the expenses

    He puts in his income and his share of the family expenses.

    If you earn 2 times him then you take 2/3 of the expenses

    If you earn £20000 and he earns £15000 then your share is 20/35.

    You'll need a calculator.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides