We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Sky outage- can I claim compensation as I had loss of earning?
Emhat
Posts: 2 Newbie
Sky had a major problem yesterday and the service was down so I was unable to work from home and had loss of earnings- can I claim compensation? Thanks
0
Comments
-
Assuming that you are using a domestic service - no. If you have a business service it'll depend on the terms of the contract.Emhat said:Sky had a major problem yesterday and the service was down so I was unable to work from home and had loss of earnings- can I claim compensation? Thanks1 -
You'll get diddly squat from Sky as its sold as a residential service, ie not for business use. Of course that doesn't stop some people using it for work. Perhaps now's a good time to think about getting a proper business broadband service which comes with a proper SLA (service level agreement) where you will get compensated financially should you suffer any kind of outage? But be warned, such services cost a small fortune (think £100s per month) rather than the £20+/m you're paying for Sky.Emhat said:Sky had a major problem yesterday and the service was down so I was unable to work from home and had loss of earnings- can I claim compensation? Thanks0 -
No loss of earnings compensation from any "home" broadband providers.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
