Due to be Switched from BT to Vodaphone Broadband on 22/6/20 but still not connected.

Options
Hi all, first post on this forum so please   be patient with me. Signed up to Vodaphone deal on 5/6/20, given activation date of 22/6/20. BT did not cut my service till 5 past midnight
on 23/6/20 (was playing on my XBOX at time so noticed BT router light went from blue to pink).  No internet when I checked in morning so rang Vodaphone, took ages to get through
and when I did I was assured it would be connected and working by midnight. On 23/6/20.  I have rung every  day since and been assured exactly the same it will be on by midnight that day, I did not ring Sat ,Sun as by  now I cant take any of their reassurances seriously. Fortunately I am able to tether my Mobile so I can at least go on internet to  post this. Netflix,Disney, Amazon are a distant memory now even though I am still paying!
I would love to speak to someone from UK as I may get somewhere with them? Could anyone advise what my next step is, are they in breach of the 24month contract I made?
I have filled in a Resolver complaint but I am not expecting a reply yet as Vodaphone  have to have the chance to put things right.    I am thinking they should rename their company Yodaphone  Confused I was, wasted my time I did!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have they said what the problem is ?
    Vodafone have sent you a new router i take it and you have connected .
  • Chrisso25
    Options
    Yes I have connected supplied router, last call from them was yesterday assuring me Open reach would send engineer
    to nearest cabinet to fix connection fault between 1-6pm today and I should then have Broadband back. As of 8.40pm still no
    internet. I rang again this evening and member of activation team could not advise on status of my problems. It is the most rubbish
    ISP company ever. Avoid them if you can is my opinion.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its more than likely OpenReach at fault or staffing problems .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback