Stocks to Hold for Next Ten Years.

I know this sounds more like a Reddit thing but it's just a bit of fun. Not investment advice obviously. No explanations needed (unless you want to)
Let's say 10 to 20 stocks to hold for the next 10 years or more Buffett style, with maybe with the odd wildcard thrown in.
It maybe interesting to see if the same names keep coming up.
For what it's worth mine are:
Amazon, Alphabet, Disney, Nvidia, Qualcomm, Shopify, PayPal, Visa, Square Inc, Lululemon, illumina, Walmart, Johnson & Johnson, Starbucks, Chegg,  and Tesla (more risk/reward I know)
Wildcard: Pinterest.

Comments

• Old_Lifer
    Old_Lifer Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The best performing company over the next 10 years may well be a small company which few today will have heard of ,  which in 10 years time and with the benefit of hindsight,   lots of  investment  'experts' and share tipsters will be happy to recommend.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    London Stock Exchange, Roche, Coca Cola, L'Oreal, Nestle, Koninklijke DSM , RWE AG, Orsted A/S, Vestas Wind System, Avon Rubber. 

Wildcard: Nikola
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 June 2020 at 9:40PM
    Old_Lifer said:
    The best performing company over the next 10 years may well be a small company which few today will have heard of ,  which in 10 years time and with the benefit of hindsight,   lots of  investment  'experts' and share tipsters will be happy to recommend.
    Agreed that the best performing stock of the next 10 years is unlikely to be a large cap now, but to be fair I read this as more asking people for lists of some companies they would be comfortable holding for the long haul, and its an interesting question I will have to give a bit of thought to although I only hold funds and ITs rather than individual shares myself.
  • DireEmblem
    DireEmblem Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The next 10 years is difficult as things shift over time.

Firstly I would ask - why pick Visa, and not Barclaycard/American Express / Mastercard etc?

If I had to pick 10 OTT, then Alibaba, Apple, Diageo, Disney, HSBC, Ince, Rightmove, Softbank, SONY, TSMC

That was tough!
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A quick first stab at this and a fair bit of overlap with others
    Amazon, Disney, Paypal, Illumina, London Stock Exchange, Orsted, Microsoft, ASML, Alibaba, Tencent.
    No doubt will add a few more later!
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 June 2020 at 10:14AM
    London Stock Exchange, Roche, Coca Cola, L'Oreal, Nestle, Koninklijke DSM , RWE AG, Orsted A/S, Vestas Wind System, Avon Rubber. 

Wildcard: Nikola
    IMO Nikola is the Theranos of the automotive market. 
  • I recently invested a small amount into Nikola, just in case. 
  • Sailtheworld
    Sailtheworld Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Let's say 10 to 20 stocks to hold for the next 10 years or more Buffett style, with maybe with the odd wildcard thrown in.
    It maybe interesting to see if the same names keep coming up.
    I'll go and get my darts out...
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 June 2020 at 12:26PM
    I recently invested a small amount into Nikola, just in case. 

Just in case ..... "you had too much money" ? ....."you wanted to be part of a class action lawsuit"  .....You could sell to the Greater Fool before  ̶E̶l̶i̶z̶a̶b̶e̶t̶h̶ ̶H̶o̶l̶m̶e̶s̶ someone was indicted on fraud charges"? ... "Nikola alone can buy electricity at 10% the price anyone else can " (yep, that's actually part of their business plan, really, no I"m not making that up) .... "its more profitable to run a truck at 3x the fuel costs of a battery one"? .... you dont think the 53M warrants about to be exercised wont drop the price"

OK ........... and good luck (ps  i have no dog in this hunt, am not short on NKLA)

• I recently invested a small amount into Nikola, just in case. 
    Perhaps you'd be interested in an ETF I'm planning to launch: FOMO :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback