Forum Home» Energy» Water Bills

Can you help explain why my water bill in previous county was £14 per month and now is £24 month? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Can you help explain why my water bill in previous county was £14 per month and now is £24 month?

edited 28 June at 10:20AM in Water Bills
14 replies 275 views
2»

Replies

• edited 28 June at 12:31PM
    user225688user225688 Forumite
    143 posts
    100 Posts
    edited 28 June at 12:31PM
    Talldave said:
    You haven't given us actual consumption figures for your current property so we have no idea what the annual bill will be.

I have given actual, it probably wasn't clear from my OP. I said that the most recent one on the bill was an estimate but that I have submitted the actual one from the 16th June which was the exact same figure they estimated of 22 units. I only submitted that a couple of days ago so it has not updated on the bills.

• TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Talldave said:
    You haven't given us actual consumption figures for your current property so we have no idea what the annual bill will be.

I have given actual, it probably wasn't clear from my OP. I said that the most recent one on the bill was an estimate but that I have submitted the actual one from the 16th June which was the exact same figure they estimated of 22 units. I only submitted that a couple of days ago so it has not updated on the bills.

Apologies,  hadn't taken that in. But that does mean your consumption has gone from 2.16 m3 per month to 3m3 per month, although the latter figure is very approximate with only whole m3 readings.
  • edited 29 June at 10:52AM
    user225688user225688 Forumite
    143 posts
    100 Posts
    edited 29 June at 10:52AM
    Ok, well 2.16 per month to 3 is much more easy to swallow than tripling as was said earlier in the thread :).

EDIT: I just rang them and they have reduced it to £16 based on the actual readings now. All good.
  • reefer37reefer37 Forumite
    57 posts
    10 Posts
    water consumption can very even though you move the property changes.
    increase or decrease in pressure from old to new property can have a massive change on consumtion.
    also so can types of toilet and taps and showers. 
    so even though you have moved and do everything the same the house is different and could be using more or less.
    moving from a 3 bar pressure shower at 5 minutes use to a 8 bar pressure shower at 5 minutes will use alot more water as the pressure is pushing more water out. it is why water companies use pressure reducing value to lower pressure to reduce the amount of water lost through leaks